Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It is not funny

From what I am going through, I do not understand how I still can laugh, and Vasco caught it in the picture. Today, I had my first day in the UCL, in the Clinical Research Facilities, everybody there is looking for a miracle from a new drug. Myself, to go ahead, depends from some tests done to my general condition. At the moment I have one problem, the fact that I have done already more than two types of chemotherapy.
This trial is a combination of two drugs, the doxorubicin, plus the secret substance named PM01183, the first does not offer doubts, it is something that has been used in a lot of types of cancer, not so much in the Neuroendocrines, but according to the doctor it is active in my type of Cancer. How much? depends. But the unknown drug offers me more doubts, for its risks. Because until now has been used only in animals, and even if the animals tolerated well, they still do not know how it will be tolerated in the humans. They also, will try to find on me the maximum tolerated dose, which is the risky thing.

For now I brought home a lot of material to read, and in the next week I will come back to set up the future. The days are difficult to take anything positive, I will need to jump again for the other side. But to be honest, often I have thoughts, if I am now more close to the end or to the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment