Friday, August 17, 2012

Balloon of oxygen

Today when I was expecting the same, we had instead some good news, I would call it a balloon of oxygen. I met Dr Tim Meyer, he said that in fact I cannot go to the trial he mentioned to me last week, but I will do a chemotherapy, which is a combination of three substances, one is exactly the same as it is in the trial. I was bit surprise with this option, as I never heard about it, and I asked him, if this is something new, he was very surprised and discomfort with my question, and replied to me asking me why am I putting such a question, and Justyna said that not long time ago a different oncologist said that the Everolimus, my last pill, would be the last option for me from the Royal Free. Tim Meyer, understood what we wanted to say, and he asked us which doctor said that, because according to him, this should not have been told to us, because in the plan there is this option and if does not work there is much more to come. So, at least we were very relived just to know that we are not yet in the end of the line.

For now, the plan is to go this Monday to Royal Free to receive the first chemotherapy session, the doctor said something that I do not know if should make me happy or unhappy, For him the growths are definitely increasing its path, growing faster, and normally at this stage the chemotherapy tend to be more efficient, Great to know :)

While we were away, Olivia had a special treat, as Veena stayed with her all morning and afternoon, I do not know all what they have been doing, but Olivia looked very relaxed and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment