Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Gruffalo

Today I will try to write few words before night, before I cannot do nothing. Yesterday my batteries by night were around 1% of energy. I had here the visits of few friends, and even the priest came to give me some spiritual energy, In the afternoon I managed to go to a session of acupuncture, looking for energy and help to sleep. For long part of the day I did think I would not do all Day until the end. I went to bed with a good top up of morphine, but nothing worked, I was with pain and restless. What saved me to not be awake another night was idea to take a strong sleeping pill, thus Justyna already around 3.00AM called to the hospice to ask for their opinion, and they agreed, after the pill I felt calmer and within half an hour I was asleep, dreaming until morning.

This morning I woke up completely different, better mood, Olivia went to the theatre with Shubhi and Tom, we could take the day easy. This days we have also a task force of friends that live nearby helping us, some bringing food, others the medicines, but all love and hope. It was good to see Sergio and family, probably the last time before Christmas. This afternoon I am trying to get used to new painkillers, OxyNorm, it has a different effect than the morphine, which apparently was making me drowsy.

3 comments:

  1. Viva o Oxinorm! Estamos contigo, bj Ju+Zeca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your yesterday's post this morning feels like a triple sunrise :))))! Que bom! big hug and kisses.
    daniela

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all with you.
    Marta, Miguel, Carla e Luis Damásio

    ReplyDelete